The name “Ayurveda” is derived from the Sanskrit word “ayuh” which means life and “Veda” means science or scientific knowledge. Ayurveda is defined as the science of longevity. Ayurveda is a fully traditional way of living which can help each of us to celebrate and claim our capacity for wellness.
Ayurveda is the oldest science which was developed in India thousands of years ago. Ayurveda slowly evolved in India at many places and started having more significance. It is based on health and wellness and the perfect balance between the mind, body, and spirit. The main goal of Ayurveda is to promote good health and fight disease, but treatments may be geared towards health problems.
There are 3 branches of Ayurveda:-
- Vat Dosha (Cramping)
- Pitta Dosha (Acidity)
- Kapha Dosha (Cough & Cold)
- Vat Dosha:- It particularly affects your nerves and veins as it reduces the number of good cells and increases the number of bad cells. It also controls the body, mind, breathing function, blood flow, and heart function. If Vat Dosha is your main force of life, you’re mainly like to develop conditions like anxiety, asthma, heart disease, skin problems, and arthritis. Vat Dosha is featured by the mobile nature of wind (Air) energy.
- Pitta Dosha:- It particularly affects your digestion system and metabolism with the hormones that are linked to your appetite. Consumption of unhealthy food sour or spicy food and spending too much time in the sun are some of the major causes of Pitta Dosha. The main force of pitta dosha is a chronic disease, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
- Kapha Dosha:- It mainly impacts one’s muscle growth, body strength and weight, and your immune system. One can control this by having enough sleep and regular meditation. Eating of enough healthy sweet products, such as fruits, healthy juices.
In Ayurveda, there are 5 elements (Space, air, fire, water, earth)
- Vata is featured by nature of wind energy.
- Pitta is featured by the nature of Fire energy.
- Kapha is featured by the nature of Water energy.
The elements and doshas:-
All the elements are combined with each other and all the doshas are contained with 5 elements. But each predominantly composed of two elements.
Vata dosh:- Air + space
Pitta dosh:- Fire + Water
Kapha dosh:- Water + earth
Each dosha is characterized by a collection of qualities that support its particular energetic:
Vata Dry, Light, Cold, Rough, Subtle, Mobile, Clear
Pitta Hot, Sharp, Light, Liquid, Spreading, Oily
Kapha Heavy, Slow, Cool, Oily, Smooth, Dense, Soft, Stable, Gross, Cloudy (Sticky)
Benefits of Ayurveda:-
- Healthy and glowing skin:- Ayurveda has a lot of proven results to help your skin healthy and soft and glowing without spending money. Consuming more vegetables like cucumber, lettuce, and other vegetables are easy to digest because of its properties and high water content. Food contents healthy fats which have active components responsible for maintaining healthy skin.
- Weight loss or maintenance:- Ayurveda helps in reducing weight by a naturally healthy diet. There are many benefits of Ayurveda which helps to lose excess weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Reduce stress:- Excessive physical stress and emotional stress reduce the immunity of your body and turn into diseases. Stress can reduce with the help of Meditation, yoga and other herbal treatments. Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Abhyangam etc. these treatments help to reduce anxiety and depression.
One thought on “Ayurveda- Doshas”
Hello agom.co.in admin, Thanks for the well-organized and comprehensive post!